Domestic and Sexual Violence does not discriminate - anyone can be a victim.
- In the United States a woman is physically abused by her husband every 9 seconds.
- Of those who experience domestic elder abuse, 37% are neglected and 26% are physically abused.
- One in four college women are victims of rape or attempted rape.
- One in three teenagers will experience some form of physical violence in a dating relationship.
- 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.
Domestic Violence can be Emotional, Verbal, Physical, Psychological or Sexual.
It is a pattern of abusive behavior that one person in an intimate relationship uses to control the other. No one deserves to be abused and no one can cause someone to be abusive towards them. The abusive person chooses to abuse another. For more information on domestic violence click here.
- In the United States, a woman is physically abused by her husband every 9 seconds.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44 - more than auto accidents, muggings and rapes combined (www.nyscadv.org).
- Sexual Assault or Rape can happen to anyone regardless of your age, economic status, gender or sexual orientation.
If this has happened to you or someone you know, you may feel like you're alone and there is no one you can talk to about it. For more information on sexual assault or rape click here.
Every two minutes, someone in the United States is sexually assaulted - RAINN (www.nyscadv.org).
Stalking - is one person's unwanted pursuit of another person. While some stalking happens between strangers or acquaintances, stalking also happens in intimate relationships. Stalking can happen after a relationship has ended or while you are still with your partner. Many victims who are stalked by their partners are also physically or sexually assaulted by them. For more information on stalking click here.
If you are in immediate danger CALL 911!
To speak with a trained professional who can assist you with any questions call: 1-855-9-NOW SAFE/1-855-966-9723. ** Collect Calls Accepted **